Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Green Juice recipe

Ok, it's really time for spring cleaning, for me. I have run out of excuses and reasons to wait. I know that the vibration of what I put in my body makes a huge difference in my ability to flow with the changing vibrations of our time...and I am ready for the rocket fuel!

I made 3 quarts of green juice, and feel better already. I thought I might do the real juice feasting thing (only green juice), but so far, I have just ADDED green juice, while cleaning up my act with what else I am putting in. I feel so nourished! Sometimes, I find that if I am struggling with making the complete change, baby steps help. Adding in is always easier than taking away. So I have upped the dark, leafy greens in any form, and am looking for ways to choose raw/living food each time I eat. I have had a couple requests for my green juice recipe, so here it is.

It takes a Vita-Mix or other super-powered blender to do this....otherwise, be sure and juice the celery, lemons and ginger, then add to your blender. I always use organic ingredients, and I don't peel anything!

Put in blender (see above for juicer option)
6 stalks celery
Chunk of fresh ginger, to taste. (I use about 2 T., but that's pretty spicy)
1/2 bunch cilantro (stems included)
1/2 large cucumber
1-2 whole lemons
1-2 cups water
Blend till it's all moving, then add, one leaf at a time, with blender running:
1 pound kale (I like dino kale)

Store in glass jars in refrigerator or ice chest/cooler for the road. Fill jars to top so no room for air!
Perhaps you will join me in cleansing for the spring. Let me hear your successes!

No comments:

Post a Comment